Application should be submitted at the Gerry’s/VFS Visa Service Center along with a non-refundable visa application fee.
On April 5, 2010 regulation no. 810/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a Community Code on Visas (Visa Code) entered into force. For Denmark and all other Schengen member states, the Visa Code will hereafter be the regulatory framework for visas.
These new regulations imply new demands on the application, meaning that all supporting documents must be handed in along with the Schengen application form.
It is essential that you collect all the required documents before presenting your application to the outsourcing agency, including supporting documents. If supporting documents are not presented promptly, your application may, upon examination, be refused and the visa fee lost. Please note that the requested supporting documents as a general rule are the same at all Schengen Missions in the local area.
A person applying for a short term visa for Schengen will as a minimum be required to submit the following documentation together with an application form and family information form. (Electronically typed in or hand written application/form with capital alphabets is preferred.)
- Valid national passport or other valid travel identification.
- Colour copy of National Identity Card (both sides).
- Two passport photos. The photo must be 35 mm x 45 mm (size of head 30-36 mm from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head). You must be facing the camera directly.
- A fully filled-in online invitation form along with Invitation ID or originally signed invitation form from your reference in Denmark, with information about the person(s) you will visit, as well as name and address, purpose of your visit, and a description of the relationship between you and your reference in Denmark.
- Information about CPR number and Alien Identification number (if applicable) of your reference in Denmark.
- Passport colour copy of the reference (host) if visiting family or friends.
- A valid medical insurance that covers the whole planned trip to Denmark. The insurance policy must be valid for all Schengen countries, and the minimum coverage must be 30,000 euro.
- A flight reservation which includes a return flight to and from the Schengen-destination with a maximum of 90 traveldays.
- To apply for a visa for short stays requires a fee.
- Please follow the links to the right on this page to download further information on the requirements of the Danish Embassy in Pakistan.
- Obtaining of biometric data (digital photo and fingerprints) will be a requirement in connection with visa applications as from 2 November 2015. For further information please check http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/pakistan/index_en.htm and http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/pakistan/documents/press_corner/20151012_01_en.pdf
In some countries, including Pakistan, local requirements do apply. To the right on this web-page you will find information on these requirements available for download.
It is pertinent that you read and follow the information, as processing the application may otherwise be prolonged or impossible.
Forms for download
Also the application form and form for family information that are both mandatory are available for download.
General Informations and Application Status
Applicants are requested to contact Gerry's/VFS Visa Service Centre for general informations and status of the applications. In case of any update or outcome of the submitted application, the Embassy, itself will contact the applicant.
The Danish Immigration Service outlines the general conditions for granting a short term visitor's visa. Click here to go to the website of the Danish Immigration Service.
Requirements for Afghan citizens
Afghan nationals living inside Pakistan, who fly out from Pakistan and coming back, need to bring a valid Pakistani visa with a validity of at least 3 months after the planned return date to Pakistan.
For those who are flying from Afghanistan and come back to Afghanistan the above mentioned condition is not required.
If an applicant does not show any flight reservation with a Danish destination, the applicant has to provide a consent letter signed by the reference in which he declares to pick up the applicant from the destination.
Afghan applicants must submit their original Tazkara duly attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kabul-Afghanistan or any Embassy/Consulate. If the applicant is visiting spouse in Denmark, original Marriage Certificate with English translation (both attested) should also be submitted.
Due to the current situation between Pakistan and Afghanistan, the Embassy will not require Afghan nationals to submit their passports for visa case processing. Therefore, the Embassy only needs coloured copies of all pages of their passport(s).